Thursday 15 May 2014

VANGUARDS - Triumph Dolomite


I really love this casting of the Vanguards Triumph Dolomite, the real car was one of the cars that was on my list of ones to own, unfortunately as the year pass, fewer and fewer are on the roads and the prices are creeping ever higher, so the chances of me actually getting one are about as good as meeting the pope in my local Lidl's (as i have never shopped there it wont come as a surprise)

I only have one little niggle with this casting, under the chrome trim on the rear window (above), the blue bodywork surround is way too thick, but that's is all, as is typical with Vanguards, there are NO opening parts, but there is working suspension, on closer inspection the silver trim parts (door handles, side mirrors) look a little iffy, and the rear lights are not that well modelled, but that matters none, I love this casting, I just wish that I could actually get one for real.

This is a model i purchased to make into a Triumph Set, but was quoted a fortune for a bespoke plastic dome, so it sits un-boxed on display.




No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for your Comment, I hope you are enjoying my models.