Monday 12 May 2014

TESCO/REALTOY - Ford Focus ST-R


I was overjoyed to see these two beauties in my local Tesco, they are branded on the packaging as TESCO, but they are Realtoy, I will admit to being a bit well, excited to see these, as this is the current generation Focus, and was not something i expected to see in the toy aisle of my local supermarket.

The paint on these models seems a little thickly sprayed on, but the details of shut lines etc. are still to be seen quite well, the ST-R moniker on the back (of both) must be for another country as we don't have a Focus ST-R in the UK, the twin stripes are also not something that we see on UK sold cars, the wheels are nice, and are something you would see but not on our Focus, it is matchbox sized (1/64ish), has not opening parts or working suspension, but over all these two are really nice models for 85p.


2 comments:

  1. Great site, enjoyed looking at your pictures. I feel that I should say that this Focus is the ST-R model (A racing version of the standard ST model). It was a concept in 2011 and as I understand it was turned into a production model in 2012/3? I don't really want to pick faults but the model is missing some details that would make it the STR (e.g. roll cage and details around the front). It just looks like a standard ST with an STR badge. That said, it is still a great model and even better when you consider the price! I will keep an eye out in my local Tesco...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for the input, I have made the adjustments... :-)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for your Comment, I hope you are enjoying my models.